4-week introduction to Modern Meditation in Chorlton Manchester
Wednesday, 8 January 2020
beanddo invites you to be different and do differently
8 January – 29 January 2020 19.00 – 20.15pm
A unique 4-week course introducing the art & science of wholeness, resilience, creativity and wellbeing with Mick Timpson.
Week-by-week, Mick will gently guide you towards knowing how to stop and relax purposefully, guide your attention and manage your mind towards knowing a deeper conscious awareness.
Combining current research with ancient wisdom, Mick teaches how you can develop the insight gained in meditation into something that’s built into your daily life.
We provide a video recap after each session. Watch Mick describe session one of our Modern Meditation Beginner’s course:
The course will touch on:
• Learning to stop and be still.
• Techniques for managing and maintaining regular practice.
• Posture, attitude and what meditation is and isn’t.
• Dealing with the busy wandering mind.
• Letting go of I, Me and Mine.
• The connection between mind body and breath.
• Breaking mental habits and getting round obstacles.
• Directing and holding attention.
• Non-attachment and non-judgmental awareness.
• Dealing with strong emotions.
• The yogi model of the mind.
• Breaking free of the inner critic and your comfort zone.
• Extending meditation into the everyday.
Dates & Times
4 week course
Wednesday 7.00pm – 8:15pm
8 January – 29 January 2020
Eligibility – Suitable for all levels
Capacity – 10